Today is an historic day in our nations history. The changing of the guard has taken place. It was done with dignity and grace. One President closes his chapter in history and another opens the door to a new future. As our new President takes office, I am pausing to ask our Heavenly Father above for his continued blessings on this "Great Nation". This is my home. I am an American. I am deeply grateful for the freedoms I so enjoy here on this great land. Today as I watched the events unfold in Washington DC, I am reminded of how much I love that wonderful place. I was so blessed by being able to grow up in that area. I am grateful for all the experiences that I had there. Thank you Mom & Dad for the courage to move to Washington when you got married. It was a blessing in my life.
I also feel that it is very appropriate to express my gratitude to President Bush. I hope everyone will pause and express thanks whether you supported him or not. He was our President. The office of the President deserves our respect. We can disagree is we like but in the end I feel it is our job to still respect the office. So, to President Bush, I say Thank You. A special Thank You to your wife for her example of elegance and grace.
I will now offer prayers in behalf of our new President. Whether I voted for him or not, he is our new President. I will disagree with him when I feel it is right. However, I will respect the office in which he holds. That is what America is about and I am an American.


No comments:
Post a Comment