Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kindergarten....Oh my!


Today was a very special day. Madilyn and I went to Holly Springs Elementary School to finally complete her registration. Yep, that is right. Madilyn is really old enough to start school. How did that happen? It seems like yesterday that I was walking around pregnant and anxiously waiting for her arrival to our family. It was a perfect March day when she was born. She was our third miracle. Her life has been a blessing. I am not ready to let her go but I know I have to let her go an experience this new chapter in her life.

We have been together since she was born. I have rarely been away from her side. I only left her for 5 hours a night when she was in the NICU after she was born. Those hours were tortuous to me. I thought I would not survive our separation. I was forced to leave her again when she was in the PICU after her first spinal surgery. That was so difficult. Since then, I have only spent one night away from her to care for Berkley in the hospital last summer.

It seems that maybe I am in more need of her than she knows. She is my little helper and my sunshine during the day. Berkley and Tyler each had that role before her. One by one I had to let them go venture out into the world of education. Now, it is Madilyn's turn. On August 3rd, she will be entering school. I am already nervous. I might have gotten a few more gray hairs today. My stomach was feeling a little queezzy also.

Madilyn is ready for the challenge. I still have a few months to prepare myself. I think I should go ahead and start purchasing stock in Klenex now!

2 comments:

rich and steph said...

I know how you feel! It has been that way with each child. Guess I will be buying some stock in Kleenex:)

Mom of Esquared said...

I only cried with my baby, Actually I don't think a cried with either. I was more emotional with Evelyn (The Baby) than I was with Elisabeth (Miss Independent) You will survive and become stronger for it. I am so fortunate that I get to work at their school and drive their bus. Now Next year will be harder since Elisabeth will go to Middle school and I will not see her during that day but she is my very independent Child. Good luck Jill and good get those Kleenex.