Thursday, January 14, 2010

On my way....


I just wanted to proudly share my first 5 lb. Gold Star! I am so excited about this new year. After not feeling very well for so long, I really accept that I am a diabetic. I have to admit that it seemed like it wasn't so bad to be a diabetic because I am not on insulin. When I was pregnant with my children, insulin was my salvation. So, I have side stepped it a lot. Until now. I AM A DIABETIC. I have diabetes. Just like my mom. I am going to own it. No one else is responsible for it but me and how I choose to take care of it. The road will not be easy but I shall prevail.

I love food. I love everything that I shouldn't most likely love. But, I am going to do things differently. I am going to learn new things and change myself and my family. One meal at a time!

2 comments:

rich and steph said...

Way to go Jill!! I am so proud of you:)

Shari said...

I am also diabetic and not on insulin. I feel the same as you - WE own diabetes. It does not own us!